1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Please help

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by BRANDON'S93, Feb 9, 2006.

1. BRANDON'S93

BRANDON'S93 Member

I have a E-47 unit and the pump shaft seal doesn't work! It is a brand new seal but sometiimes it pops up right when the motor starts and the fluid comes running right out. Could i have it in upside down? Could the fluid be coming up through somewhere else? please help!!!! Thank you!!!!

2. bnewell

bnewell Banned
    from Ohio

Genuine Meyer part?? Part number??

Brian

3. BRANDON'S93

BRANDON'S93 Member

the part # is 15581 it is a official meyer replacement made by meyer. I think there could be something wrong with the pump relief valve or the other valves. I think its building the pressure but sending it back to the motor instead of the cylinder. which just blows that seal right up out of its home. and ideas? Any help is appreciated.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Does it perform all the other functions properly? up, down, left, right?

5. sefh

sefh Senior Member

I have a back up pump that goes left, right, and up just fine but when it goes down it leaks from the top seal? How to you adjust the pressure or check it? Thanks

6. BRANDON'S93

BRANDON'S93 Member

It will go down but any function requiring the motor to run it pops the seal out. I think the bushings are bad that are around the gear shafts and fluid is getting past them and going to the seal and popping it out. I need to find the bushings now and replace them and see what happens. Why is there a port to the bushing anyway? Could i weld it up so the pressure doesn't get to the seal except around the shaft?