1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Please help

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Smarotta09, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Smarotta09

Smarotta09 Junior Member
    from Nj

Hey guys , big snow storm about to hit and my plow won't work and of course nobody will even look at it for me ... When I hit the button to go up/down/side nothing happens and the car basically dies out (starts to stall out) does anyone know what this could be ?! Any help would be appreciated I'm going to try to fix myself

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Check the fluid then clean the battery terminals and grounds for the plow.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Even down makes it stall out?

4. Smarotta09

Smarotta09 Junior Member
    from Nj

It's stuck in the down position now .. I'm going to try to clean that .. Anyone know what type of hydrologic fluid to use

5. dieselss

You need to test light the output side of the solenoid while pressing up, left, or right. If you have power out, then move to the motor for the same tests.
    If you have power AND ground at the motor and it's still inop, try tapping it lightly with a hammer.

6. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

X2. My Meyer would do that. One EASY tap on the motor and it worked great. Before that it would just dun the lights and not move

7. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

Any luck...

8. Smarotta09

Smarotta09 Junior Member
    from Nj

When I take the positive lead off the pump, I test light it and everything sounds good and the light lights up but when I hook the positive back up and try the truck shorts out again

9. Smarotta09

Smarotta09 Junior Member
    from Nj

And I also tried tapping it with a hammer

10. dieselss

Last test. Jumper cables to the plow. Pos to.Pos and neg to neg.
    BECARFUL the plow can jerk. If nothing happens, your motor is toasted

11. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm going with a bad motor also.My mm1 would work sometimes and other times not.Started tapping it with a hammer until one day the hammer trick didn't work.Then I finally had to replace the motor

12. chevyzrule810

And to answer your question earlier you really should use the blue fisher fluid.Auto parts stores carry plow hydraulic fluid so if you really in a bind that will work.

13. Smarotta09

Smarotta09 Junior Member
    from Nj

Wow guys seriously thanks for the help ... Hit it pretty hard with a hammer and it works! I think it's time for a new motor but just trying to make it through this storm

14. chevyzrule810

Hard is not good.If I were you I would go get one tomorrow morning to replace it.Last thing you want is to go into a pile and it happen again and not be able to lift the plow or anything

15. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Where are the anti-hammer guys. :popcorn:

16. chevyzrule810

I don't disagree with the hammer just wouldn't trust it to work every time.I would at least have one in the truck so if the hammer trick doesn't work you can change it out.The hammer trick may work the rest of the season who knows

17. kimber750

I am a firm believer of smacking things with a hammer. But recently I was called a "hack" for this belief.

18. chevyzrule810

I've wacked a few starters trying to get one of the trucks to start.Whatever works

19. Smarotta09

Smarotta09 Junior Member
    from Nj

Yea I'm a little worried about that but the companies down by me won't even look at the truck .. They are so backed up ... Wed or Thursday I'll be going to get a new motor

20. kimber750

Just get the motor and put it on, you don't need them to look at it.