1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

please help!!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by sandman88, Jan 15, 2013.

1. sandman88

sandman88 Junior Member
    from MA

im haveing a problem with my fisher mm2 8'HD its dead heading (motor and pump run but blade dosent move) it dosnt happen all the time but sometimes it wont lift and sometimes it wont got left or right but then it will start working again after you hit the buttons a few times. i replace all three coils that slide onto the valves at the pump same problem. im not sure it the controler is bad or the valves or something else if anyone has any ideas that would be a great help thanks so much!!!

2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Check the fluid?

3. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

try a different controller first
    check your plugs and grounds
    clean out the plugs with a wire brush and then put new dielectric grease

4. sandman88

sandman88 Junior Member
    from MA

fluids good (changed every season)
    cleaned the plugs
    ground is good even hooked a jumper cable to ground on truck to ground on plow

it acts like the valve sticks every once and a while but it does it on all funtions left right and raise thats why im woundering if its the controller just hoping i can get threw this storm tonight with it

5. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

pull them out and see what kind of condition they are in.There may just be a piece of debris keeping them from working and might need to be cleaned.

6. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Usually when a controller malfunctions the motor will not operate when you try to achieve the function your controller is calling for. How is the condition of the three pin grill connection plugs and make sure you have good ground (black/orange) wire coming off your coils.

7. sandman88

sandman88 Junior Member
    from MA

im 95% sure its the controller had someone look at it and he told me when it starts acting up put the controller out the window to cool it down. well made it threw the storm doing what he said now i have to buy a new one

8. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

:rolleyes: Just when I thought I had heard it all.

The next time it does it, unplug the controller from under the dash, and see if it persists with it unplugged. If so, it's not the controller. If it stops...it's the controller. Sounds like the controller to me, but I would pull the valve cover and inspect the valves and wiring just the same.

9. sandman88

sandman88 Junior Member
    from MA

how am i sopposed to tell if its still doing it when the controler is unplugged it only does it when you hit the buttons. its like the controller send the signal to the motor but not to the coils that open the valves. i had the windows open will plowing the condos i do and no heat on and it worked perfect then later on doing some drivways i had the heat on and windows up and it started acting up, put it out the window for a minute and worked great for a little. i look stupid hanging the control out the window but it got me threw the storm hahaha

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

It sounds like to me that the PCB needs to be replaced then - 56473.

11. sandman88

sandman88 Junior Member
    from MA

ya thats what the guy told me but he said that its worth just getting a new controler because the price isnt that much diffrent. do you know what one would cost me i think he said he sells the PCB for 280-290? dose that sound right? thanks to everyone that has helped this site it great!!

12. RepoMan207

from Maine

Hell no, they're cheaper then that, call the guys in my signiture...Lang's, they can send one down to you...I think I paid $140 the last time, but don't hold me to that, it's been awhile. It's cheaper to buy a controller on EBay then it is a dealer....even on here. They can go for $150-$200 all day long...sometimes even $125.

13. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Thats funny, same thing happened with my Fishstick. I think it may have been B&B who said to keep it cool and see if it continues. The circuit board on them is very sensative to heat, mine would work better - not perfect - if I did the same thing as the OP hanging it out my window.

I found someone on here selling a new in box PC Board for $100, fixed everything.