1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

please help with snow plow for atv!

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by plumcrazychally, Feb 22, 2011.

1. plumcrazychally

plumcrazychally Junior Member
    from 44512

I have a 2006 honda recon that I would like to get a plow for. what exactly would I need to get it on there and working at minimal costs? I'm looking into a moose plow but I'm not sure what else I would need to get it on there. if you could help, that would be greatly appreciated thanks.

2. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

recon the 2wd atv correct?
    go with a cycle country 48" plow.

Moose plows are more heavy duty and you don't have enough ATV for a Moose plow unless your hoping to upgrade atv in a few years and put the plow on the new ATV.

if you due go with moose 50" is what you want.

you need plow push tubes and mounting plate and then a way to lift the plow up/down you can go with a manual lever or most people get a winch and use that. though the winch will be $$$$
    good luck due some reading on this board you'll learn alot.

3. plumcrazychally

from 44512

thank you very much for your help I really appreciate it!

4. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

you got a Mopar that goes with that username of yours?

here's mine,

[​IMG]

sublime out.

5. plumcrazychally

from 44512

actually I don't have one but my dad has a 1970 plum crazy challenger rt 440 originally B5, heater delete with the broadcast sheet from La I believe. its only in parts but it'll be runnin eventually! and by the way, you gotta real nice charger there!

6. Bunky1

Bunky1 Member

Try ebay. You can get everything you need there. When you buy the plow they usually ask what ATV you have and they send the correct undercarriage mount. I have a cycle country. Love mine but I also have a 4wd. The 2wd I had, had a hard time making the push. I needed chains and they got to be a pain. Good luck. By the way either get a lift bar or a bolt on GOOD winch but not the cable winch that they sell for the plows. They are pretty cheap and will not last. I know this for a fact. I tried 2 different cable lifts before biting the bullet and installing a front mount winch on my bike.