1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

please help with rubber cutting edge info

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by plowingtech, Nov 12, 2008.

1. plowingtech

plowingtech Junior Member

i have a fisher ezv plow and would like to poss put a rubber cutting edge on this year due to i just put in a new concrete drive and one other account drive has fresh concrete and do not want to completely scratch up. one question i have is wondering if the rubber edge will leave black marks on the concrete? other question is about how low below the plow edge do you want the rubber to sit and do you use the skid shoes to help keep some plow weight off the edge or continue to run with out shoes. and if running the shoes will they scratch the concrete? most of the plowing i have done in the past was gravel and asphalt and old concrete and did not worry about damaging or scratching. but now that i have a nice concrete drive do not want to damage it and keep drive looking nice. any help would be appreciated. also what would be better to go with 1in or 1.5in thick rubber edge.?

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

if your worried about black marks ,go with polyurethane .that's what some guys run on decorative drives .

3. plowingtech

some of the drives i do are aspahlt and rutted so with solid edge will not get down into the ruts, hoping that a rubber edge will help in scraping out some of the snow to clear the drive better, that is unless customer has drove over the snow and packed it down. last year most of the snow was wet and plows dont push water very well but was reading that the rubber edge acts like a big squeege. was hoping that i could get some info from someone using a rubber edge, instead of going to poly, but thanks anyways and poly might be the way i end up going.

4. Grass Master

Grass Master Banned

A local company runs the rubber cutting edge due to a rubber membrane on a parking ramp they push. For this reason they cannot run the slider shoes either,when not in use the blade must have something paced underneath it or the truck needs to be parked with the blade up as the rubber edge does not have the rigidity to hold the rest of the plow. It is also lack luster on heavy wet snowfalls.

5. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Hey where exactly in Oak Creek are U? I graduated from OCSHS in '83! Go Knights!

6. plowingtech

im all over oak creek, i was born in '83 and graduated ochs in 2001. lived in oak creek since the beginning. live off oakwood and hwy 32. how bout you?