1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Please help with mounting, etc!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by lawnprolawns, Nov 14, 2008.

1. lawnprolawns

lawnprolawns Senior Member

Just picked up a Chevy 1500 ( I know.. it's small) Z71 4X4 with the 5.3 engine to start plowing, and use it as my landscape truck in the summer.

I'm looking at this plow:

It came off an 06 F-150. Everything is included. Obviously I'll need a mount for the Chevy.. what about lights, power, and controls? Will the power/control harnesses transfer over? I know a lot of Meyer stuff will work on anything. Will any Chevy Ultramount work, or are they different from plow to plow?

Also, what's the isolation module? And, I cant really tell from the pics. Does this model plow have down pressure, or is it gravity-down only? thanks for the help guys. I'm in a last-minute panic.
  2. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

The only plows with down pressure are snow ways... The rest are gravity. The isolation mod I do believe is for the headlights only. But I could be wrong, I am sure someone will verify this....
  3. lawnprolawns

lawnprolawns Senior Member

Dont some boss plows have DP? My buddy says his Boss does. Maybe not..
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Lets not even go there again. ;)

Along with the mount of course, you'll also need a different Isolation module and headlight plug in harness for your GM since they're not the same components as an '06 Ford application would use so be sure to add about $300 to the install cost to purchase these necessary wiring components.
  5. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

Scary, I can predict when you will chime in...... believe it or not though, I kinda like it, cause I get to learn too............