1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

please help what else to do I need to get this western going w/pics

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by wiseguyslawn, Dec 11, 2012.

1. wiseguyslawn

wiseguyslawn Senior Member

I bought a truck with just the ultra mount and the little bit of wiring in the pictures. I bought a western ultra mount plow straight blade with the plugs in the other pictures. What all do I need for the truck side still besides the controller. I looked on Ebay and there's so many, I thought I would get some advice. THank you!

western wiring.JPG

western wiring 2.JPG

western wiring 3.JPG

western plow plug 2.JPG

western plow plug 3.JPG

2. chevy2500meyer

chevy2500meyer Member

the plow side harness is the two plugs your holding one is a power supply (two prong) and the other is the control plug. To me it looks like you have the light headlight adapters?? (im not real familar with westerns) obviously a mount and call your local dealer or westerns website for part numbers (truck bracket, harness and etc.) and most have a picture so you can get an idea of what you need or better yet say what truck its going on and someone on here might have what you need.

3. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

4. wiseguyslawn

Thank you the diagrams help. THe plow is a pro plus going on a 03 f250 Thanks

5. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Provided the truck has HB5 lamps, and not 2B sealed beam lamps, you have the correct plug in harnesses for the headlights. You will still need the following:

26345 Control harness
    26400 Four port isolation module, or 29070-1 Three port isolation module with 29047 adapter
    26357 Vehicle lighting harness
    56131 Battery relay
    63411 Truck side battery cable
    22511 Relay battery cable

67982 Truck mount and 67858 and 67859 left and right receivers, if you don't alreday have them. Not sure if you were just asking about wiring?

I'm certain I have it all, either new or used, plus controllers too, if you can't find the stuff.

6. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

The four small pigtails in your pics are adapters to go from the HB5 harnesses you have to another style lamp, looks like H13. You won't need those for your '03.

7. wiseguyslawn

I looked at the plow again today. There are 3 plug ins on the plow side. If anyone has any spare time please shoot me a link to some wiring on ebay or another site. Just not sure if I need a 4 port or 3 ports, etc.. Thanks so much