1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Please help. Plow won't angle.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by spacon, Dec 5, 2008.

1. spacon

spacon Junior Member
    from mi

I have an old Western cable system and have rebuilt the motor, replaced the cables, replaced the angle cylinders, replaced the hoses and fitting, checked the screen, checked the fittings, replaced the fluid, checked for leaks, and tried to adjust the cables but cant figure out what I'm doing wrong. The plow goes up just fine and down real fast. The motor runs when I try to angle left and right but does nothing. Actually today the plow went up when I tried to angle left.

I've tried to follow the instructions at Western's site but still can't figure it out. Can anyone help me with this seemingly common question? Thanks

2. inknthread

inknthread Junior Member
    from Ohio

Help with your angle problem

Give me a call I sure can help. Roger 330-219-8295

3. spacon

spacon Junior Member
    from mi

Thanks Roger! I think I got it. You were right it was a VERY, VERY, VERY fine adjustment in the adjustment barrel. I started all the way closed and worked to all the way open and then back down and back up again before I got the combination between lift screw, "90 degree cable starting angle" and cable adjustment. Thank you very much. Someone in Roger's area buy him a beer and send me the bill. Thanks!

4. Tatorsalad

Tatorsalad Junior Member
    from 52732

where are the instructions on the western site?

5. spacon

spacon Junior Member
    from mi

I can't remember exactly but if you keep clicking on plows or equipment or something like that eventually you'll choose cable operated system and then you can down load (a huge file) that is the 30 some page manual with a trouble shooting section. If you still can't find it let me know and I'll look up exactly how to get there and get back with you.

6. jrzittel

jrzittel Junior Member

western cable style pump wont angle right

i just bought a western plow with an isarmatic cable style pump on it. The pump picks up the plow just fine and will angle it to the left with ease but when i try to angle it to the right it doesnt move. I can hear the pump run but it seems like it just builds up pressure and wont release. If anyone has any suggestions i would apprieciate it thanks.

7. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

check the cables adjustment. check the levers to make sure they are moving freely