1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Please help NOOB

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by jeffrey_d127, Dec 13, 2009.

1. jeffrey_d127

jeffrey_d127 Junior Member
    from Maine

I have the chance to buy a fisher mm2 plow. I understand that i have to buy new push plates. But will that plow physically fit a 2006 gmc 1500. Below is what hes sent me for info. however i don't believe the push plates will work since it came off a 1996 Chevy. Any help would be appreciated

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What size plow? you will also need wiring harnesses as to two vehicles are far from compatible

3. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Any off truck MM system ill work on any truck set up for MM Plows as long as the wiring is compatable,(there are two plug and three plug MM PLows, the MM2 should be a three plug set up unless it was converted to two plug). Go to www.fishersnowplows.com and use the E-match option under plow selection, put each truck in and make not of the peculiar headlamp harnesses to see if they are the same, if not you will need new headlight harnesses which you can buy used.( make sure you click on the four port isolation module on the last box that comes up, that "96" most likely has the 4 port iso)

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The 96 is probably not "iso-mod" equipped.

5. buddymanzpop

He had a MM2 on a 1996 so it could be a complete recent set up.

6. jeffrey_d127

from Maine

its a 7 1/2' fisher. I'm going to look at the condition but it seems like a good deal. I'll just have to get new push-plates and possible a new harness depending on the hookup. Thanks for all the responses

7. jeffrey_d127

from Maine

What is this? do i have to make sure its there or can it be added on?

8. buddymanzpop

Isolation module is a black box that says "isolation module" on it, some 1996 chevy's had HB3/HB4 headlights which is what a 2006 has, however 96's did not have DRL's.

9. jeffrey_d127

from Maine

so i would just have to buy that module?

10. buddymanzpop

Go look at the 1996, see what set up it is, get part #'s of wiring harnesses and isolation module and make a post here with that information.