1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

please help, motor runs but nothing works

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by billklima, Jan 3, 2010.

1. billklima

billklima Junior Member
    from ny

i have a ulta mount 2 wire on a 04 f250 the motor runs when i move the joy stick and nothing works the driving lights work, i moved the conections on the grill and the conroller conection still nothing,

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Did you try switching controller?
    Did you check the ground wire (if you have the black/red, check it at the solenoid, and negative battery terminal) to see if it loose or broken.
    Check inbetween the fire wall, to see if the controll harness is chaff.

3. billklima

billklima Junior Member
    from ny

if the wire at the solenoid was loose the motor woldnt run right ? no chaff wires i check the screen nice and clean all lights work i didnt change the controler i dont have another one anyway i could jump it

4. twinman326

Her a test procedure for the controller

cart1AAA.jpg

follow and see what happens

cart1AAA.jpg

5. billklima

billklima Junior Member
    from ny

i did a little more testing with a test light i hove power to the up coil and right coil but not to left coil what i cant understand why it wont go up or turn right because the left coil has no power

6. ringahding1

ringahding1 Senior Member

check coils

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  7. twinman326

Her is some info that might help you narrow it down..These are test procedures for the coils. You have the FloStat? Are you using relays, or MOD?

Diagram of the coils
    flostathypump.jpg

Test

CCATa.jpg

VHTCTb.jpg

ISCTSC.jpg

flostathypump.jpg

CCATa.jpg

VHTCTb.jpg

ISCTSC.jpg

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  8. billklima

billklima Junior Member
    from ny

finally took it to the shop, guess what!!!! the filter was off laying in the bottom of the can, thought i check that but i was looking at the return screen, thanks for all the help, but my own stupided never checked to see if there was two pipes sticking down from the pump cost 136.00 my falt