1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

please help Meyer E60 wont move

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 1982atm, Dec 5, 2011.

1. 1982atm

1982atm Senior Member
    from indy

ok so last week i flushed and changed the plow fluid and it was working A+ then today went to drive the truck and the plow was acting odd like when i hit up it went left ...
    ive checked all connections and they are ok ... it has a new motor and newer coils... now all it does is tic tic no movement ... seems like the motor is not spinning

2. 1982atm

1982atm Senior Member
    from indy

bump bump bump ttt

3. LaytonTruck

LaytonTruck Junior Member

Check the relay make sure it is grounded well. Jump across the two big terminals with heavy wire if the motor runs then you probably have a bad solenoid.

4. 1982atm

1982atm Senior Member
    from indy

today it is moving as it should, but not much..... motor sounds real weak,,,, what can i do to determine my problem?

5. LaytonTruck

Make sure all your connection at the battery plow relay are clean Have the charging system checked Check the amp draw on the motor Sounds like the pump could be binding up or you have a motor going bad. You can get trouble shooting guides @ http://www.meyerproducts.com/techsupport/troubleshooting.aspx Might help

6. 1982atm

1982atm Senior Member
    from indy

well i shipped it to a guy i found on ebay that sends you a refurb one after receiving the core .... i took the motor off and it would spin but under a load it would lock up,,, it looked pretty corroded

7. LaytonTruck

Just curious is that Storks?

8. 1982atm

1982atm Senior Member
    from indy

not sure.... its in forest hill MD,,,,, and his name is steve

9. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

Nope not Storks