1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

please help !!mega melt halite crystals

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by rpm1, Dec 28, 2011.

1. rpm1

rpm1 Junior Member

this is the first time i've ever used this product, i bought a semi load of this salt and thought i got a decent price, today i went out and salted my lots and they are not melting at all you can see where the salt went into the ice but thats all the farther it has went it literally is not deicing my lot's we went back over them again and still nothing, any ideas on what is going on, i've never had this issue before. oh yeah its 29 degrees out
  2. dlocke

dlocke Junior Member

How big is the lot and how much did you put down.
  3. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Take a handful and put it on some snow. I have used that brand before and it has worked fine
  4. rpm1

rpm1 Junior Member

these are the same lots we have done for years most typically they will melt off with us applying 600 lbs of ice a way ice melt wich is good to the same temp. the other morning we went out to these lots at 4am did our thing like always came back to check on my sidewalk crews @ 8am and it looked like i was never there, so i applied salt again to this lot and had another worker drive past and take a picture at 10:30 am still wasn't melted off around 1 o'clock i drove past and it finally was melted off! Now if i got out and walked through thid lot you could see where this salt had melted into the ice but other than that it was doing nothing. i am going to try it again but it really has me concerned right now! sorry this was so long just wanted to get all the info on here
  5. If it has small grains of salt and no larger one I always won't work the way you want.