1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Please help me with this. Church bid. Need professional help!

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Lynch & Sons Landscaping LLC, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Please help me with this. Church bid. Need professional help! 14 Islands!

Please help me out with this. I really need your help. This is for a church. I havn't bid anything this cut up yet. I could really use this job to fill in my schedule.

Main Lot Drive 235x23 (5405 sq. ft)
    Main Lot 386x136 (52,496 sq. ft)
    Sidewalk 358x5 (1790 sq. ft)
    Gravel Path 222x5 (1110 sq. ft)
    Parish Drive 172x20 (3440 sq. ft)

They are looking for:

Seasonal Contract
    2" Trigger for plow
    Potassium Chloride Under 2" and whenever icy (trying to sell after plow also)
    Must be clean by 7am Monday-Saturday, 6am on Sunday (also a Kindegarten here)

06 F350 w/ 8.2 Boss V-Plow
    1075 Snowex Spreader (800lb Cap)
    3hp Toro (16")
    8hp MTD Dual Stage (26")
    quad w/ plow if neccesary (can borrow for winter)

Average 10 Plowable events/year w/ 2" trigger
    Estimated 10 De-Icer events/year in addition (+ After plow)

I would really appreciate any advice you seasoned professionals could offer me.
    Thank you!

Mike Lynch

Last edited: Oct 26, 2006
  2. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

3. Vaughn Schultz

Your link did not wrok for me:confused:
  4. I would be happy to email it to you!?!?
    Or tell me how to make it display on the posting?
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2006
  5. Vaughn Schultz

6. Vaughn Schultz

When ever you want to send that, ill get to work :D
  7. Pic

I will email it within the next hour. Fell asleep last night!
    Thank you.

If someone wants to tell me how to post the pic in the message body I would appreciate it!
  8. Help!!!!!!!!

I could really use some assistance from someone. I dont seem to be able to show the pic on here but I have an ariel I can email... PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I hope someone can help me out i have to fill out a contract for a storage center, i have to plow the main parking lot (which is aprox.10 spaces) and the rear lot which is aprox. 1000' of road with 2 structures, also snow must be piled in the very rear of lot next to dumpster. Sanding will be done at the end of every push, along with clearing of store front,sidewalk,and aprox 60 garage doors and enterance doors.
    here is my problem i normally charge by the hour, but they me to base my price per inch!!!
    1"-3", 4"-6",7"-9", and 10"12" to plow and to snow blow. And the want a price to sand.
  10. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

whats youre eyeball estimate for the 2 inch trigger...ie how long will you be there plowing and salting
  11. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

also you better find someone to shovel thats a lot of shovelign to do by yourself and plow
  12. Eyeball

Well, I'm not positive. 102 Parking Spaces. 9 Islands, 2 Peninsulas, 3 Light posts.

Guess, 1.5 hours to plow. Does this sound about right?

I will definately have help with the shovel.

I think the gravel path would be a PIA even with the 2 stage snowthrower w/ the shoes down. That is why I would consider borrowing a quad w/ blade for it...
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2006
  13. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I'd really like to give a positive response to the PM I rec'd, but there is simply no way I could come close, even with an arial shot. To accurately price something, you really need to walk the property to see all the idiosyncracies and talk to the owners/managers/etc to determine their needs and concerns. That's why I try to stay away from those "what should I charge" posts. I would offer to come there as a consultant, which I have actually done. You would need to pay my way, either by mileage or airfare, plus daily rate which we would work out. Before I came, we'd discuss your needs to make sure I could actually make constructive suggestions. Even then, I would advise on technique, equipment needs and time to complete the project - but usually not pricing.

Moderators, if you consider this a violation of forum rules, please feel free to delete it. Please just let me know.
  14. Thanks Mick

Mick, I appreciate you responding. I guess I wasn't neccesary looking for an exact dollar amount, but more an idea if my thoughts as to time are correct as this would be the biggest job I've taken on to-date. As far as price, I can base it on the going rate around here x time. I've got ideas of how long but I am not sure of myself. I want to get the job, it would be great for me, but I don't want to be beating my head on the dashboard in the middle of winter either.

Thank you for at least taking the time to acknowledge though.

As far as coming out, that is a good offer, and on a bigger job I may consider. On this one, I don't believe the job is worth the money to justify that cost.

I am assuming about 1.5 hours to plow and probably 45min - 1 hour to do sidewalk & pathway. For anyone reading this could you tell me if I am ballpark or way overly optimistic about my timing?
  15. Vaughn Schultz

Well I just sent you an email ;)
  16. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

What is the Physical address for this place? I am gonna be down by Howell this next week. Might be able to help you out.
  17. Thank You

Grassbusters, that is more than I could possible expect for a response. Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.
    Jcesar Please give me your email.. Thanks!
  18. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Im in Waterford if you need someone to stop by the lot and look at it for you I would be glad to do that. I'm around during the am and early afternoon. The biggest thing you need to know is how long it's going to take. So where do you stack the snow, it's going to also take longer the more snow we get. IMOP a 2 inch trigger is too much on the two Church's I plow its a 1.5 or at my discretion. 2 inch's of snow is hard to burn off without putting down alot of salt. Call me if you need me to take a look at it. 248 431 6443

Good Luck Mike
  19. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

email is cesarcontracting@yahoo.com

Think you might want to get with flykelley though, seeings how he is from that area, he will know more about the rates and competition you have , than I would. But I will be glad to help you if need be.