1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Please help me ID these Mounts

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by saabaru1, Dec 25, 2007.

1. saabaru1

saabaru1 Junior Member

Hi Guys- Haven't been around in a while, I used to be "roscioli" here and on lawnsite, but I need a little help. I picked up a cheap plow (cheap enough that I didn't care the guy didn't know what it was for). He said it was for a "ford". Gee, that helps.
    Problem is, there aren't any casting numbers anywhere. Paint and stickers are worn off. I hope the general shape and size is enough to figure it out. Its a 6.5TM, that much I know. Thanks for the help!

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

93-97 Ford Ranger (same body style Explorer also)

Meyer p/n 18067
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2007
  3. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

HOW do you do that?:salute:
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Don't tell him, keep the secret!!!!:D
  5. saabaru1

saabaru1 Junior Member

Wow thats impressive! Which model year Exploders are the same as the -97 ranger? I was hoping to bolt this up to a cheap 98 with a 302 I saw. But, will basically shape my next truck purchase around what I already have for a plow.
  6. saabaru1

saabaru1 Junior Member

While I've got you here, any idea what the rear end choices were on the 98's? The tag says "6621AR 3L73 88 7 G24" to the best of what I could read. Might have to jump over to a Ford forum for that one.
  7. saabaru1

saabaru1 Junior Member

Ok Guys- Googled the heck out of the axle codes and found that this exploder has a 3.73 LSD. 8.8". In case anyone other than me is interested, or it comes up in someones search someday. The "L" in the 3L73 denotes Limited Slip. and the 88 in the code denotes 8.8" ford rear.

Still can't find any info on the similarities between frames of Ranger/Explorer by model year. Any help there?
  8. Brandon

Brandon Member

I'm not sure about Explorer's, but Ranger's '98-up went to torsion bar suspension in the front and this mount won't work. I'd assume the Explorer's changed when the Ranger's did, but I have no idea.
  9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If I remeber, the Explorers changed a year before the Rangers did...so up to '96.
  10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Don't worry basher, I'm good at keeping a secret :D
  11. cincy snowdog

cincy snowdog Senior Member

if that mount is no good i know who is in need of one.
  12. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Do mounts go bad like milk and bread? lol :D