1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Please help me Bid this lot!!!!!

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by jay123, Sep 7, 2014.

1. jay123

jay123 Junior Member
    from 18954

I have to give a price for this church parking lot. they want a per push price for every 3" of snow fall. there is a truck in the picture by the 1600 ft mark to use as a reference on how wide the drive is. Thank you in advance for your generous help and time.

photo (14).jpg

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

3" on a church?

Walk away from it.

3. jay123

jay123 Junior Member
    from 18954

Why walk away from it. I have the grass account and now they want a quote for snowplowing. I advised them to a per push price. Just curious why you say to walk away

4. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

To high a trigger to start at preferably a lesser one. What about salt?

5. SnowGuy73

A church, or any commercial property should be a 1" trigger, it covers your ass and theirs. That lot will look like crap with all the hard pack built up.

Walk away or educate them.

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Are you new to plowing?
    What the other guys are saying, on a 3" push if it snows anything less then 3" you never show up. What are their plans if it only snows 2" lets say. Will they just leave it. If so the next time it snows 3" or more you will have a disaster on your hands.

7. Broncslefty7

Broncslefty7 Senior Member

for my market, $350.00 on a 2" trigger plus salt.

8. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

Maybe he meant just it has to be plowed every 3 inches during the storm. A lot of people mix those up or don't know the difference. I have had several customers say they want a 3 inch trigger to say they want it plowed and or salted even if there is a dusting in the next sentence

9. jay123

jay123 Junior Member
    from 18954

Thank you guys for the help. I understand now why 3" trigger is to high for a trigger. So I will inform them why and set the trigger lower I will try to get it to a 1" but at most a 2". Originally my price was right around $300 I just wanted to make sure I wasn't to low.

10. SnowGuy73

$300 per push is fair.

11. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I would be at 350 per push. That is a big lot, even if it does have plenty of close by stacking space.
    How many days a week does the church hold services or events?

12. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

That's a Big Lot????.......How long would that take you with your Fisher "V" with wings.....

If I could get anywhere near $350 a push here I would poop Gold.....

13. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Who has a Fisher 9-6 Vee with Wings....

14. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Wouldn't be efficient with the v. I'd stage a 20' pusher and drive my loader to the site :D

I'd say around 1/2 hour..........

15. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

I thought Bushwell did.....

That lot might be too Big for one 20 Foot Pusher....Might have to bring in another one....Thumbs Up

16. jay123

jay123 Junior Member
    from 18954

Yea I have 2 f250s with 9ft straight plows lol.can anyone also help with salting this lot they would like a price for this as well

17. SnowGuy73

You're going to put two trucks on this lot??!!??!!

18. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Is that to much
    My self I would have more then 2 on it Looks like a 3 rig lot

19. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

I'd think 2 at least. A big storm and it'd be easy to get behind.

20. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Now that I take a second look...

$18.65 per push, $13.50 to salt. Probably use an on site 1982 Craftsman 12 hp rider with a 3' BOSS blade, and a coffee can to spread the salt. Probably take 6 to 8 minutes. Knock that down to 4 minutes if I can get Jrslandscaping to run the craftsman.