1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Please help me bid these. HELP

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by fireboy6413, Aug 24, 2009.

1. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

Here are a few pics, the first two is roadway only, no parking space, they have someone doing all the spaces. No salt either. The third pic road and spaces, Everything in yellow needs to be plowed, and the pink dots are where the snow will be piled. Please help me.

Lawrence Park1.jpg

Lawrence Park2.jpg

Roundtree.jpg

2. fireboy6413

also theses complexes are right next to each other.

3. fireboy6413

Yes I know this is the wrong thread for this, I didn't realize it, I tried starting it in bidding, but it wont let me upload pics. Sorry

4. fireboy6413

Anybody, i really need some direction on these ive never bidded on something thos big

5. fireboy6413

all I need is a ball park, is their anyone even out their

6. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

First pic around $250, maybe a little less, probably be there for up to 3 hours at the most. Second pic around $100, may take an hour, give or take. Third pic around $160, probably would be there for close to 2 hours. Those would probably be my prices using pretty close to my hourly rates.

Brant

7. fireboy6413

Thank you, the first two are just the yellow no spaces, basically just come in and do a run through.

8. fireboy6413

anyone else have an idea for me

9. salopez

salopez Senior Member

have you measured it at all?

why equipment are you using?

if you have a truck with an 8ft plow figure 1acre per hour or about 44250 sqft.
    figure how much you want to make per hour and how long it will take you. multiply.

why no salt? who is liable for slip and fall once you have come through?

10. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

that's funny. I noticed your from Mt Airy. I'm doing a large clean up job down there tomorrow.

11. salopez

salopez Senior Member

what kind of clean up? where in mt. airy?

12. fireboy6413

I will be using a mason dump with a 9 foot blade, and no I have not measured the lots yet

13. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

I wouldn't trust to have someone else do the lots and you do the road. What are they going to do with the snow? What time are they going to be moving the snow? Before or after you? Who takes care of a slip and fall right on the line between your plowing and their plowing? What happens when either of you push snow in the others area?

14. fireboy6413

The complex has their own truck, just to do the parking spaces, also they will be doing the walkways. I believe they will be putting the snow in the same areas in pink

15. fireboy6413

anyone else have an idea, also I will be plowing every 2 inches, so per push

16. Dan s

Dan s Junior Member
    from ct.

i agree with him but he is in the mid west and things are probably a lot cheaper there. you need to adjust your hourly rate for the northeast. otherwise your gonna get hosed and lose money. figure your time times your hourly rate and there you go.