1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Please help large amount of fluid leaked boss vplow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Itsdoubletime, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Itsdoubletime

Itsdoubletime Member

Hi i was unhooking my boss plow and when i went to pull away the hing was caught a bit and draged the plow a few inches i got out to see what the problem was and noticed a large amount of fluid under the plow i dont know if mayb it wasnt in the float position and this is why it happened i am new to plowing the plow works fine operates normal in all poitions someone please help me it is a boss vplow 82

2. Itsdoubletime

Itsdoubletime Member

the fluid leaked from the black box

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

I am guessing you got hooked on a line. Have a friend operate the plow while you look for the location of the leak. May have to remove any covers on the pump to find the leak.

4. Itsdoubletime

Itsdoubletime Member

fyi i topped off my fluid yesterday because i thought it was a little low now when i look at the filler cap i can sstill see the oil even after all that has leaked out is it possible i may have over filled it and it just leaked the excess out

5. Itsdoubletime

Itsdoubletime Member

its not leaking any more

6. kimber750

If it is not leaking anymore it is very possible you over filled it.

7. Itsdoubletime

Itsdoubletime Member

pretty sure that is what it is because i had a buddy of mine do it and he said it seemed it was down a quart which didnt seem right to me and what came out is pretty much what he put in i have operated the plow for 5 to ten minutes and there is no more leaking from where the puddle came from ....thanks kimber i apreciate the fast response i was beginning to freak out a bit lol

8. kimber750

No problem, I was rushing one time unhooking my old meyer and forgot to unhook the power angle lines. :help: Cost me two swivel and one hose. :blush2:

9. Itsdoubletime

Itsdoubletime Member

so i unhooked the plow again and as soon as it lowered it hppened again i popped the box off raised it and lowered again to see where it was leaking from and there is a cap on the top of the pump and that is where it gushes out from it only happenes when it is lowered it gushes out and than stops

10. kimber750

May still be overfilled. Should have lift ram completely down and wings folded back when checking fluid level.

11. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

That ''cap'' is your vent and yes you simply over filled it--happens,so don't feel bad.Just make sure this occurs again when no DEC,DEP,EPA or any other guberment money collector is nearby.

12. On your Boss V-Plow,

Remember plow must be in the "V" position,
    in the lower position and on level ground.

You should see oil visible in your filler cap.

FYI-On the smart hitch 2 you must use the power down function for the light tower. If you pull down manually you will create an air pocket and oil
    will pour out your reservoir cap.

Regards,
    SPW Tech

www.snowplowpartswarehouse.com "Home of Western,Boss,Meyer O.E.M."

Proud sponsor of Plowsite

13. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

You simply over filled it. No big deal