Snow Plowing Forum banner

Please help large amount of fluid leaked boss vplow

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Bossman 92 
#1 ·
Hi i was unhooking my boss plow and when i went to pull away the hing was caught a bit and draged the plow a few inches i got out to see what the problem was and noticed a large amount of fluid under the plow i dont know if mayb it wasnt in the float position and this is why it happened i am new to plowing the plow works fine operates normal in all poitions someone please help me it is a boss vplow 82

#7 ·
pretty sure that is what it is because i had a buddy of mine do it and he said it seemed it was down a quart which didnt seem right to me and what came out is pretty much what he put in i have operated the plow for 5 to ten minutes and there is no more leaking from where the puddle came from ....thanks kimber i apreciate the fast response i was beginning to freak out a bit lol

#9 ·
so i unhooked the plow again and as soon as it lowered it hppened again i popped the box off raised it and lowered again to see where it was leaking from and there is a cap on the top of the pump and that is where it gushes out from it only happenes when it is lowered it gushes out and than stops

#11 ·
That ''cap'' is your vent and yes you simply over filled it--happens,so don't feel bad.Just make sure this occurs again when no DEC,DEP,EPA or any other guberment money collector is nearby.

#12 ·
On your Boss V-Plow,

Remember plow must be in the "V" position,
in the lower position and on level ground.

You should see oil visible in your filler cap.

FYI-On the smart hitch 2 you must use the power down function for the light tower. If you pull down manually you will create an air pocket and oil
will pour out your reservoir cap.

Regards,
SPW Tech

www.snowplowpartswarehouse.com "Home of Western,Boss,Meyer O.E.M."

Proud sponsor of Plowsite

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.