1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Please help identify

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by doo-man, Dec 12, 2009.

1. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Ok, I have found this plow on CL and guy says it a Western Uni-Mount 7'6" Pro Plow, with the vehicle side mount and wiring for the newer truck I am buying. It is over 2hrs away and I want to make sure before I drive what it is and if this is a good deal?? He only has the 2 pics and seems when he rehabed it he also painted over the cutting edge but says it has half of a season on it! ASKING $2000 obo, but also includes new bolt kit which was $200

Please give me some info and help as I am not too familiar with the westerns as I run boss currently.

Thanks[​IMG][​IMG]

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

From what I can tell from the picture, it look like a wester pro, uni mount..2000.00 not a bad price....Looking at the front of the plow(right side) it seem like he had a plate welded above the blade. Blade should of been painted black, but that doesn't matter. I have one and I seen not to have that much problems...The pivot bolt if not tighten correctly, or maintain will wobble out the holes were it goes through the "A frame", and the "Quad". Most likely a nine pin harness with a two relay system. I would try to get him down a little in price ....Worth trying.

What vehicle is it going on?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
  3. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Those are not the factory Western lights that are on it , make sure they are an aftermarket replacment set with the proper 9 pin plug on them (as it runs the controls on a Western also) , not some spliced in set that he had laying around , the replacment lights/harness is pricey to replace . Could be a 12 pin depending on what he had it mounted on. Check to be sure before you buy as it may not match up to the truck you want to put it on.

Just something I saw , other than that just give it the once over twice and you should be fine , $2K is not bad nowadays for a good used blade setup.

TOM

Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
  4. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

It's going on a 2001 dodge ram 1500 he said the mount and harness are for my specific vehicle. I am still ?? weather or not to drive that far as he said hes pretty firm on price but can go down a little so I take that as 1-200 off!! Gonna cost me almost a 100 just for gas to look at it ! I have to decide on this one or keep looking !!

5. twinman326

The lights are after market with a single stud. try 200.00, gas and wear n tear..Also check the plow itself..look like he did or had repairs done.

6. twinman326

I meant 200.00 less then what he is asking for.. Her might take 1800.00 for Xmas..

200.00 for the bolts.......I re did my plow and it didn't cost me 200.00 for bolts...