1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Please help give me an idea

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by MC94XR7, Dec 5, 2015.

1. MC94XR7

MC94XR7 Senior Member
    from GTA

I Been charging $30 per push for under 2' and $45 for over 2' of snow on a 4 car driveway. I'm getting murdered out here with that rate. I see others are charging seasonal contracts. I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction with monthly contracts. I would think that pre-payed is the way I'll do it at the 1st of every month. but what should I charge per month? I live north of highway 7 in the GTA. what does $200 sound like? it covers 7 plows a month basically. It includes everything and even big dumps and small dumps over 2" high. Is that a fair price? is it too high? Lay in to me. I can handle it. I'm rigging up an 8' plow. Thanks guys. I 'preciate 'er.

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

How much snow do you average

3. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

That's about $28.50 per push. This sounds cheap to me. How many do you have?

4. MC94XR7

MC94XR7 Senior Member
    from GTA

5. MC94XR7

MC94XR7 Senior Member
    from GTA

so far around 15.

6. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

I personally would lower the trigger from 2 feet. That's a lot of work.

7. 160SR

160SR Junior Member
    from nh

By murdered do you mean you're losing $ or is everybody else cheaper ? The first thing can be fixed the second cannot.

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

what does CL have listed for snowplowing prices?

9. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

122 inches is enough for per push work. I know winter is late but it ain't over till the fat lady sings. You can get hurt with seasonal should not this year but you never know.

I would want a little of both if your worried about not working. I would figure 25 trips per season. I don't live in the GTA but per trip I would think should be $40.00 minimal. I prefer per trip but glad I got some seasonal this year.

Don't get all freaked out yet we could still get snowed on.

10. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I'm north west of the GTA, we do get more snow over the escarpment. I find the little drives in subdivisions don't hire unless you offer a stupid good deal that makes them not worthwhile. Even the well to do neighbourhoods are all house poor,have their kids do it, and own a homedepot mower that they help their neighbours out with. With house prices just shy of $500k for a shack, people start looking for places to save and don,t mind shovelling a little snow. JMO...

11. MC94XR7

MC94XR7 Senior Member
    from GTA

Thank you. I'll put some more thought into the price to depth ratio.:drinkup:

12. MC94XR7

MC94XR7 Senior Member
    from GTA

I have no snow on the ground here yet so I'm making no money.:eek:

13. MC94XR7

MC94XR7 Senior Member
    from GTA

Smart. I never even thought of looking into that- let alone making an ad! 'preciate it!:drinkup:

14. MC94XR7

MC94XR7 Senior Member
    from GTA

sure seems that way ;)

15. MC94XR7

MC94XR7 Senior Member
    from GTA

$40 is my price. but I'm offering $30 pushes for a bit.

16. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

Times change when we were raising a family and in the housing market all you needed was about 80 to 110k to live in a nice three to four bedroom and to bath with a two car attached garage. I'm glad I was smart enough to buy a modest home and be able to put some money away for when I can't earn money.

17. grandview

After a night at a Leafs game and a 2-4 and pack of Exports I'm surprised you can even afford a house there.

18. Randall Ave

Randall Ave 2000 Club Member

Not trying to be a wise guy, it's the same for everybody here, cept Grandview. No snow on the east coast yet. And your just setting up your plow now.

19. grandview

[​IMG]

20. Randall Ave

Randall Ave 2000 Club Member

Stepped right intp that one, didn't I. :dizzy: