1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Please help FAST!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by YPLLLC, Jan 26, 2009.

1. YPLLLC

YPLLLC Senior Member

Ok St. Louis is suppose to get hit with snow this afternoon and I get this call from a lady wanting a 17,000 sqft parking lot done, I have the time because it will be last priority but I dont know what to charge. Anyone want to throw me a rough estimate. I need to land this so I want to low ball it a bit but not to much. IDEAS Oh and as usual they want this bid like Yesterday!!!!! Thanks in advance.. And yes I have enough equipment!!!

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

With the limited information given, there's no one here that's going to hand you the #'s you're looking for. Dimensions? Is it perfectly square? Can snow be pushed anywhere? Any islands or other obstructions? Is it within reasonable distance of your current route? How long do you think it'll take you? What do you feel you're worth per hour? Do you have a photo of the lot? I think you need more help with learning how to bid more than anything.

17k is a very small lot IMHO and will probably take 15 minutes if it's square and flat.

3. YPLLLC

YPLLLC Senior Member

Ya it is not perfectly square. And there are lots of places to push snow, no concrete parking barriers or islands. I think the property is worth 250 with a trigger of 2in and if we get more than 5in it would be 350. are those numbers outragously high/low or just right? Again its 17,000sqft according to the client. Any ideas? Again i just want something real rough

4. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

If your in business for yourself already shouldn't you know what its worth? Everyones prices that your going to get will be all different. Whats your local market allow?

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Sounds high to me, but not sure what's average in your area. Have you seen the lot? 17k is roughly 130x130 if it's square just so we have an idea on size, which isn't much ground to cover. It's hard for us to estimate your time just going by sf. That's what you want to know.........time, not price. Price is the easy part. You have to at least figure an hour for show up time and I highly doubt it will take longer than that.

6. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

I'm thinking roughly a 3rd of that. If it is as easy as you say.

7. YPLLLC

YPLLLC Senior Member

This is a screen shot of the 17,000 sqft That price I gave is also for salt should have said that too

393 w old watson.JPG

8. YPLLLC

YPLLLC Senior Member

Any Ideas? Thanks Ya'll!!!!!

9. Acmemechanic

Acmemechanic Senior Member

What you are asking Is very Hard for me to try and figure out.I am sure that some College Educated Types Will have a Formula to get you Answer.I Quote our Jobs based on Inches and Through Experience figure Time Needed to Do it at my Hourly Rate.Hope this Helps ACME

10. YPLLLC

YPLLLC Senior Member

thanks it does

11. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

You just have to look at it and guess how long it will per piece of equipment.
    Im sure if you do other work you have hourly prices worked out for all your equipment.

Salt most times you charge double what you paid to apply it.

Not sure on the salt thing as I do very big jobs that require 8-10 tons each so my price may be a bit low on that for the smaller jobs.