1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Please help E-47 won't angle left or right

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Gbettner, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Gbettner

Gbettner Junior Member

Last storm I lost right angle while plowing, trying left or right on the switch would both move it to the left and stick there. Had to bypass angle function (connect angle cylinder to angle cylinder and pump hose plugged back into pump ) and angle manually the rest of the night.
    Now ,trying to figure out at home, plow won't angle at all now, just raise and lower. I noticed pass side angle cyliner hose gets very hard under extreme pressure after trying to angle left or right, you have to beat with a hammer and screwdriver to even release pressure so I changed quick coupler on that side......still same problem.
    Then removed C coil and C valve ( C-valve was swollen and coil stuck on valve) so I replaced with old spare C valve and coil.........still same problem. ( I did test spare C vave and coil to make sure it clicked good before installing).
    Motor and pump just severely strain and bog down if you try to angle but works OK if you just raise or lower.
    This problem has probably been covered before but I didn't find after searching for a little while so .......... PLEASE HELP ME!

2. Gbettner

Gbettner Junior Member

I'm an idiot, I just realized after that post the reason it still wouldn't move after I changed the C-valve and coil is because...... I FORGOT TO TAKE THE STINKING PIN OUT FROM MANUALLY PINNING BLADE!
    I had to be honest and confess because I don't want you guys trying to help me figure out my ignorance! WOW

3. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

so? does it angle on now?

4. fordsuvparts

fordsuvparts Senior Member

Been there done that, I blew a c valve a few weeks ago doing the same thing. B&B help walk me through it.

5. Gbettner

Gbettner Junior Member

Yes, angles both ways great now.

6. bigbricklayer

bigbricklayer Junior Member

On this same topic my plow is doing the same thing.Only difference is that it will operate up down left right but when I angle it left all the way it wont go back to the right just strains the pump and builds pressure in the passenger side hose.

7. fordsuvparts

fordsuvparts Senior Member

I have had several bad couplers already this year, so check them first. They are cheap and easy to replace.

Next you need to check that you have power on the Green wire c-coil. If not, you need to disconnected the main power wire to the motor and then hit the right function button on the controller if use a test light it should light up, if not you might have have a bad controller. If the light does light up then your controller is good. This is part of an email that B&B sent me

Have you verified that you have magnetism at the C coil when the right angle function is pressed? If not it may not even be a valve or hydraulic issue but an electrical issue so we need to identify that first. You can hot wire the C coil directly to the battery to check it for mag if you don't have a helper. Simply connect the jumper from the battery to the green wire lead and see if it has mag. If it does, now try to angle right with the controller WITH the jumper lead still connected and see if it goes right.

After you have checked both of those, the next step is replacing the C-valve, or c-valve o-rings.

If you do not have the Flow chart download it first thing there are dozens of links to it on this forum

8. bigbricklayer

Well after messing around with it all day I figured out I am not getting enough power to the coil to operate the C valve. Would a bad controller cause this to happen? Or do you think I have a bad connection some where?

9. bigbricklayer

Thanks for the info. Put a new switch on and works like a charm now. Thumbs Up