1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Please Help E-47 not angling

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Frenchie, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Frenchie

Frenchie Junior Member

I placed another post under trucks and equipment repair. I didn't realize this forum was here for Meyers. Here is my issue: My plow will not angle right or left. I have done the following:
    My coils have magnetism. How do I get the air if that is what it is out of the line? Is it as C- describes?
    Am I to understand the blade should be slightly off the ground and I should manually angle the plow back and forth and then check the fluid level again because at this point it only goes up and down. I can not angle it at all with the control. This is what I have confirmed up to this point:
    Plow rises and lowers, motor runs when I try to angle, pilot piston looks good, C valve works, C valve O rings are in good condition, Cross over relief valve looks fine upon inspection. I have taken this thing apart and put it back together several times. I am so stuck.
    Thanks guys!
  2. sefh

sefh Senior Member

I would say replace your quick disconnect couplers. Take the disconnects off and see if your blade angles. If it does your cylinders are not froze up. If it doesn't, they are more than likely bad.
  3. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

I second that! Sounds like a bad coupler. :salute:
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Disconnect the couplers from the pump attach them together and see if they move.

If so you probably have bad couplers on the pump.

If not remove the couplers from the hoses and try to angle them if they do then you have bad couplers on the plow.

If not then you have a seized angle ram or a mechanical issue.

Your manual

http://www.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/1-562 R16.pdf