1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Please Help...760LT won't go down

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by unimog-guy, Jan 21, 2016.

1. unimog-guy

unimog-guy Member

So the plow goes up and down with the Power Hitch connect/disconnect toggle switch but doesn't respond to the in cab control to go down. It will go up and right to left but no down. I looked at the owners manual for troubleshooting but there isn't a problem listed like I'm having.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!!!
  2. damian

damian Senior Member

pin out the proper pin on the truck side harness and check 4 power. also look at your plow side harness pins for corrosion or missing rotted pin. the wire harn and pin guide is in the owners manual.or go online to blizzard plows parts and service library.
  3. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

if its going down with the power hitch then you could assume that all your continuity on the blade is intact , check to see if you have power leaving the controller in float position, then check the truck side plug for power there, and so on until you find the interruption
  4. racingmt

racingmt Member

Watch your feet!! When messing with the wiring harness connections/ pin that powers the "drop"fuction when you do actually fix it, it remembers that you wanted to drop the plow and will do so immediate. I had sometime form only around the "drop" pin on the connector. I unplugged the connector and knocked out the ice. However as soon as I plugged it back together the plow blade dropped. So just stay clear.
  5. racingmt

racingmt Member

Some ice, not sometime*