1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Please do a SEARCH before starting a new thread!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Chuck Smith, Jul 28, 2001.

1. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Just a reminder. Before you start a new thread, please do a search to see if the topic has been covered before. We have covered many topics here in the past 2 years.

~Chuck

2. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

An advantage of using the Search option first: If the topic you're looking for HAS been covered, you'll probably have plenty of answer(s) right in front of you as opposed to posting a question & then having to wait for a reply.......................

3. Leroy

Leroy Junior Member

Thank You Chuck,

I was going to show my ignorance because my times were way off. I did a search under "time AND zone" and got squared away real quick and didn't waste anyones time with a legitimate but easily answered question.

Regards

4. ohiolawnguy

ohiolawnguy Member

ok, thank you for the info. still learning my way around here.

5. CAT

CAT Junior Member

How do you do a search?
    Thanks

6. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

To use the "Search" feature, click on the word Search at the top right corner of the page - it's in blue, above the row of sponsor ads.

Once you've accessed the search page, you have several ways to go about the search: By keyword(s), for example "loader". You can also search by Username - An example of this might be looking for all posts by a particular member. (You can use both keyword and username to narrow it down a bit further)

You have some options as well, first you can choose to search all the forums or just ones that you specify.

Below the list of forums to search are 4 additional choices: Search entire posts, Search titles only, Show results as posts and Show results as threads.

Then you can choose how far back you wish to search by the dates, and you also have some choices as to how to sort the search results.

Pretty self-explanatory once you try it out, if it comes up saying there are no matches check the spelling of your keyword/username, or try a slightly different word - for example, if "skid steer" doesn't come up with any matches, try "skidsteer".

Hope this helps.

7. CAT

CAT Junior Member

Hey chuck

Your the head guy around here, how do I change my name. There is already some one named cat (cat320)
    Thanks

8. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

CAT,

Chuck Keough runs this site. Send an e mail to support@plowsite.com for help with your name.

~Chuck Smith