1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Playn/w/your Joystick

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by kingriver, Dec 11, 2005.

1. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

Am having a problem with one of our handheld joystick on a Western MVP-plow, uni-mount. It acts up all by itself. I wiggled the wires going into the unit. By doing that I tried to determine weather something was loose there but didn't act up when doing that. If I shake the unit the plow will go up and down but only in small increments. Sounds to me like the up/down command part. I have another joystick controller and have hooked it up to this plow. Worked fine, eliminating possible motor problems. Its the (joystick). :cool:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2005
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Take the controller apart and try giving it a good cleaning, controllers are good and collecting all the fine dust and junk foating around your truck. Once took one apart and it was full of grass clippings .