1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plastic Foil for Boss Straight Blade

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gssuperduty, Dec 13, 2003.

1. gssuperduty

gssuperduty Junior Member

Hello All,
    I was wondering if any of the Boss Plow owners have the plastic snow foils for their plow. Is it holding up to abuse epecially stacking snow. Is it better just to buy the rubber one.

BIGREDDODGE Junior Member

I have never had one, but the ones I see that have been on a few years, are broke up some. I have always run the rubber one, and it has held up perfectly.
  3. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

The poly deflectors work great for what they were designed for, keeping the snow off you truck and helping to keep the snow rolling in front of your plow.
    If your stacking snow and raising your blade as you go into the pile you shouldn't have any problems.
    But if your one who tends to pack or smash into piles get a rubber deflector.
    A heavy duty rubber deflector will also help you get the piles higher as it stands up from the snow in front.

:rolleyes: John................