1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

planning on getting a plow...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by playinmud, Jul 28, 2007.

1. playinmud

playinmud Junior Member

i would like to get a plow for my 97 jeep wrangler, i plan on getting a 6'6" one, i'll be using the plow to do my driveway and family and friends driveways, moneys tight so im looking for a cheap one that i can control from the cab, i dont want to have to get out and pull pins to raise lower and turn it like ive seen on some, any recomendations?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Check out the 6'8" Snoway 22 series.

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Check out the western sport plow or the boss sport duty.

4. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Haha, well if you're gonna consider Western then you should REALLY look at Fisher because the small plows are the same now, but plows are really meant to be yellow! I'm just bustin on Ryan cuz he's taken in too much smoke at fires recently!!!

~Kevin

5. SuperPlow Guy

SuperPlow Guy Inactive

Consider a SuperPLow?

I know they may not be well known yet...but check out www.superplow.com for homeowner plows that won't bust the bank. I am the owner, so I am biased but our product would fit the bill quite nicely...

6. Bob's 24 hour

Bob's 24 hour Junior Member

I bought an 97 wrangler 4.0 L, auto with a 6' 6"Meyer plow as a back up plow vehicle. It is also our towed vehicle during the summer when we are motor homeing. I love plowing with it, plenty of power and the Meyer is a good sturdy plow and easy to mount and remove. The only draw back is that the pump is a little slow and it's a heavy plow for the Wrangler. You may have to put air lifts in the front coil springs or a cheeper route is a 1 1/2 spacer lift on the front coils which is what I did. That will give you a good 1 1/2 to 2 inches of front suspension travel with the plow up. I really love plowing with it.

Also, I have a driveway Super Plow (mentioned in an earlier post) mounted on my 1 ton Ford. It's a great plow and saves you from back bladeing driveways. I'm not sure if I could recomend it for a Wrangler but I would definetly recomend it for a full size vehicle.

Good luck
    Bob

7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I would go with the Sno-Way too.
    Dealer support and service is just as important as brand.