1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Planning for next year

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Harleychvy, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Harleychvy

Harleychvy Senior Member

I know this may be a little early. But I'd like to get more into the commercial end of things next year. Already looking at new to me trucks and sanders. I'm thinking I'll need more then just the truck I'm running now. I'd prefer the smaller end of commercials, like gas stations.

How do you guys reccomend going about getting these accounts. Do you just send a leeter to them or go in and see them and let them know that you want to bid on the account? And usually when do you start doing this, amybe August? Thanks for any info you may be able to give me.
  2. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

Do you plow any gas stations now? Try one before you go shootin for 10 of em.
  3. Harleychvy

Harleychvy Senior Member

It doesnt have to be gas stations. I just want small commercials. I know I dont have the equipment to do a walmart or something like that. Maybe someday, not now though. I just want something that if it were only me, I could do it.
  4. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

Doctors offices are good, but you need salt usually. Small restaurants too.
  5. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Gas stations are a big bummer dude.......too many access covers for the tanks and stuff, they can hurt if you're not paying attention and they aren't cheap to fix. Find other small commercials and move along!!!!!!!
  6. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

I make a list all year long of lots that I'd like to plow. In about early August I send out post cards to these businesses. If I send out a 100 I may only here from maybe 5 or so. Then hopefully I get 1 or 2.