1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

planning for next year

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by yukon, Jan 29, 2002.

1. yukon

yukon Junior Member
    from MI

Since this winter has been such a flop, I am trying to plan marketing strategy for next year. I have not run ads in the yellow pages for the last 2 years, but am seriously considering it for next year. The prices are insane! Does anyone who runs ads in the yellow pages have any comments to their investment returns?? I'm really unsure if these amounts are worth it.........8K a year for an ad???

Please Help!!

:confused:

2. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

8 GRAND!!!! Is that for a half page! We run a 1 inch ad in the Boston yellow pages and it only costs us about 1800 per year. In a major population center like New York or Chicago I could see 8k for an ad but it should still buy a reasonable size.

Btw it is a VERY GOOD investment, have 70-80% of our work through this ad.

3. Nova

Nova Member

I think for $8,000 you could do a lot more than just one ad in the yellow pages.

Look into a marketing consultant if you're serious, they can help without spending 8 grand!