1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Planning for next year.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kcolagio, Oct 21, 2004.

1. kcolagio

kcolagio Junior Member

I've come to the realization that I won't be able to get started plowing this year like I wanted to. :(

So, I'd like to get a head start on next year....this includes getting a truck and plow. ;)

To that end, I'd like to get some ideas on things to look for in a truck and plow. I originally thought this would be easy, but after reading a lot here, I'm seeing it's not.

I'm thinking that a Diesel will be the better option. I'd like to go with a shortbed pickup, preferably with 4WD, although I'm pretty sure I can get enough weight in the back of a 2WD if I have to.

I need to go with a used truck and plow due to financial reasons. Since time is not really an issue, I'm looking for information on what to look for in a truck and a plow. Also, what should I watch out for when buying either? Information about the need (or lack of need) for chains and other related topics would also be welcome.

I know this is asking for a lot of information, but I really appreciate any information you can share.

Thanks in advance!

Kevin Colagio

2. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

What town do you live in?

I can probably help you find something..

3. richardlewis

richardlewis Member

contact baddboygeorge at philcolandscape@aol.com he has a nice f250 diesel truck that comes with plow and salt spreader and I think it was only $5500.00

4. kcolagio

kcolagio Junior Member

Hehe...about 5 miles from you in West Henrietta. Send me a PM. :)