1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Planet Self Storage- who's plowing there?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MarineSniper, Mar 1, 2014.

1. MarineSniper

MarineSniper Member
    from CT

Anyone out there plowing Planet Self Storage- anywhere in country. This is our second year with them, and the second year in a row that the month of February was a huge billing month for us to them. They are suddenly (as they did last Feb) trying to nickel and dime me down on the invoice. I have a feeling that due to the weather across the country this season they are having a very hard time paying snow removal bills. Have not paid me for January, bitched about the February bill. Last february's bill (blizzard of 2013 included) they decided to pay me in monthly installments because they couldnt afford to pay in full and according to them "they have a mortgage to pay"- so happy they did not take the seasonal price I offered them this year. BTW- a true nightmare to plow, no where to put snow and they don't want to pay for excessive loading or hauling.
  2. misterscapes

misterscapes Junior Member

I plowed the place a few years before you did. If u damage a vehicle in the back they make you pay for it even when its up to the renters insurance to cover it. They ***** and mone on paying and even when you work with them on getting paid they will dump you for the next guy who can save them a few bucks
  3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

How is the renters insurance liable for a stored vehicle that you damaged? In my eyes that is 100% your problem if you damaged it.
  4. misterscapes

Sorry I guess I should have been more specific. My contract stated that I was not responsible for any damage done to vehicles not moved out of the way.
  5. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

That wouldn't fly in a court room

Who be the judge on it if a car is in the way you after hit one( O it was in my way) that's the reason I hit it

Did you pay for car you damage or did they keep your money

Did you go to court over it If so You win or loose
  6. misterscapes

It was hit by a snow boulder after staking snow. I just paid it and moved on. But it was the point that we had an agreement with the property manager that it was not on us because of how they wanted things done.
  7. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

If you are not going stand by your contact why even have one or even have that written in there
    You might fool some with it

When did you choose to pay for it When they said we going to court or when said you not going get paid till fix the problem

If a Snow Boulder did hit
    you could went to court and won If you had pictures showing

Should fall on the property Insurance unless you caused the boulder to fall on the car and happen when you was on the property then your screwed

I something like this happen to me I went to court and won
    Pile of snow gave away slide into park cars I wasn't even on the property when it happen and judge said so.

I still take care this same property now the owner post signs Danger Park at your own risk Flag the piles
  8. misterscapes

I just paid it to keep the owner of the property happy so we could keep doing business year round. It was only $1600 in damage. I wanted to keep a customer happy and that the only reason why I didn't let it get out of control. My whole point of this is that they did not renew my contract after they said they would if I took care of it. All of this after 5 years of good service.