1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plan for tonights storm

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by pats plowing, Mar 1, 2007.

1. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

weather.com says 1-2 inches, accu says 2-4 and both say that it will switch over to a wintry mix and then rain with a high of 40. What is everyone planning to do, especially central MA. I have to get sidewalks and a few parking lots done by 6, but didnt know if I should let the rest go. Its not just plowing, its sidewalk and stairs.
  2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I'm going to try to get everything off (if we get 2"+) before it turns to rain. I am still not sure that it'll even change to rain. If it stays ice, I'll leave everything on and then scrape it clean once it stops icing. It'll all depend on what the temp. does throughout the night. It'll be an interesting storm, that's for sure.
  3. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

I'll be cleaning whatever comes before the rains start, and it sounds like that should be ok with the storm schedule
  4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

At a max of 4", I'd get a good night's sleep. Then wonder if my customers wanted it plowed or not. Not even have to wonder about the ones with a 5" trigger and warming up the next day. Fortunately, I'm expecting around 10 - 15".
  5. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

A few days ago we had under 2" and half the customers called up and wanted it done. I was going to do it with the 1" that we would get later that night, but they just got done twice.