1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plan B

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by docsgmc, Mar 2, 2014.

1. docsgmc

docsgmc Senior Member

So my diesel pick up went in the shop for an ejection pump and injectors about a week ago and as you can guess there was complications and delays.
    then they were calling for 12 inches posable for the long island area so I had to implement plan B.
    we have other trucks that are not doing that well after the storms so we need all the trucks we can get for this BIG storm so here she is my 2003 tahoe last minute install of my 8 foot blizzard HD and for ballast weight i am using my cooler rack with 400LBS of sand bags. :mechanic:

photo-60.jpg

2. docsgmc

docsgmc Senior Member

P.S. now they are saying 3 to 6 inches...I LOOOOOVE the weather people!!

3. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

You'll love plowing with it! I used to plow with a suburban and loved it smooth ride and plenty of room to sleep!

4. docsgmc

docsgmc Senior Member

we will see..I hope i get to use it.

5. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Tahoes are the best plowing vehicle for driveways hands down. Short wheelbase, whatever you want for counterweight can be kept inside, above the axle, and not frozen. In mine the sand stays warm and not solid, the shovel handle is warm, etc.

6. docsgmc

docsgmc Senior Member

good thing the weather man was wrong and we are getting maybe 2'' vs the 12'' they had predicted for us.
    Its makes spending the money on this plow set up all worth it...NOT!!

7. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Better to be prepared and ready to go, then caught with your pants down. Plan B ...Thumbs Up