1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

placing a bid...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by UPS, Oct 20, 2003.

1. UPS

UPS Junior Member

I'm gonna be bidding on a residential area that has 39 homes in it. The bid is for cleaning all drives and sidewalks. I'm not sure on any measurements yet but they are all just the avg. 2 car garage/driveway. Whats a good price per drive in a situation like this??

Thanks,
    Brandon

2. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

How long are the walkways?
    Are you servicing the public walkways as well?
    Are the streets part of the required plowing area?
    How long are the driveways?

Chuck B.

3. UPS

UPS Junior Member

Like i said...no measurements yet on the walkways...but can estimate the driveways at approximately 30x15 No plowing of the streets. I am really looking for help with the drives for right now. I mean do you guys bid at a lower rate because all the drives are in the same area (no drive time)? Whats a good price per drive bid for something like that?

Thanks

4. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

If I were bidding that subdivision, the cost for the driveways would be between $20-25 each. Our avr. driveway per plow price is $40.00 +.

Chuck B.

5. a palustris

a palustris Member

~$1,200 provided no massive hills, or driveways where you can't just push off to the side. No salting for that price either.