1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Places To print Flyers

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Enzo, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

Hello everyone,

I have printed off about 300 flyers and handed them out. I wanted to know if any of you guys know about a place online that does it for pretty cheap. One of the cheapest I have found is gotprint.com I can do 1000 flyers for $268 with 3 day shipping. I am trying to spread the word out about my company. I am also going to be posting something in the rare reminder as well. If anyone knows about other places online please let me know.

Thanks

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Are you looking just for single sheet paper fliers? 8x11 Or glossy postcards?

3. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

All i need is just a regular paper flyer 8.5x11. No glossy needed it adds more money

4. grandview

Go to Office max ,Office Depot or even a small printer see if they will give a price break on over a certain amount

5. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

Already looked, all places want $0.49 for each color copy one sided for 1000 it would almost $500. I can get like 2500 or more for the same price.

6. grandview

Do you really need color? Go with the B&W and save the money for some nice post cards to print.

7. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

Yeah but this place only does color. I am not sure why but thats all they do.

8. grandview

Back to the B&W when I did them they charged 4 cents each. So I didn't care if they were thrown out. Look around for a better price online isn't always the best deal.

9. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

Ok that is great pricing. I will see what I can find.

Thanks

10. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

HAHAHAHA Enzo, do you think that has ANYTHING to do with PRICING???? Dont you have any Kinko's in CT? We do 3000-4000 flyers a year from them. Black and white, on colored paper. I forget what I pay per flyer but its pennies in the grand scheme.

11. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

Kinkos is pretty pricey. They wanted .49 cents for 1 color copy. I can get more online for that price.

12. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

I would take Gicon advice and go with colored paper with black ink. People are going to notice the paper before they notice a picture printed on it.

Have you priced what paper and an ink cartridge would cost?

What kind of return have you seen from the flyers?
    What kind of business it is for? Snow plowing or something else.
    Do you have a web page? For under $10 a month you can have it hosted.
    Have you talked to the Yellow Pages rep yet. For $25-$300 a month you can have a yellow pages ad.

Flyers only work for certian types of businesses and only during specific times.

I would check with a local print shop. I use one for business cards. After that I would design the flyer with black ink, get a color of paper that would either match my business colors, or stand out like neon. Then I would print them at home. You can buy a lot of ink cartridges and paper for $268.

13. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

Yeah. I just ordered 2500 flyers for $375. I found a very good site that does it. I also looked at the rare reminder that comes out over here, I am going to call them about pricing to put an ad in there. Thanks for the great info though.

14. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

I agree with Grandview, on this one!

B&W is the way to go, even on a color paper is good!

GV has been doing this longer then you been alive LOL he has been around a few time :D

15. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

I already ordered 2500 copies in color for pretty cheap. I feel like people will look at rather than some black and white piece of paper. I do know the ad in the rare reminder will be in black and white since that is all they do.

16. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Good Look to you!

Your making flyers for plowing?

17. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

Anybody can do black and wite copies.

Go with the ;color copies it will set you out from the rest. Try to use vistaprint.com they have alot of different options to choose from. Remember the name of the game is to be different from everybody else so Joe Customer will remember you for the next time they want something done. Just my 2 cents

Big EARL

18. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

I am making a flyer for both snow and grass

19. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

I have a question about the the flyers now. I know I cant put them directly into the mailboxes or on them but I can put them on the door. I was also thinking of just mailing them out by putting a stamp on the corner of them and getting adresses of houses in my town and putting Current Resident with their adress and having it mailed out. Is it possible to do this all on the flyer or should i put it in an envelope?

20. grandview

Yes and yes.If you mail them all out that's a grand for postage.