1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

placement of hide a ways????

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by hardwoodcd, Mar 1, 2011.

1. hardwoodcd

hardwoodcd Senior Member

I am going to be purchasing some hide a way led strobes for my truck. I have done enough research that clear leds in clear lenses in frowned upon? My question is where should I put them? Please be specific. What color lens should I put my hide a ways behind my tail lights? What color lens should I put my hide a ways behind in my head lights? I have pretty well decided that I'm going to put clear leds in the clear lenses in my cargo light. I am also considering putting a pair in the actual plow lights. What are your opinions on the hide a ways in the plow lights and if I do it in the plow lights what color leds and behind what color lens in the plow lights. Thanks in advance, Casey

2. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

put clears IN the reverse light housing and in the front turn signals. as long as you only use them when needed no one will bother you.

3. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

That's how mine are clears in the front corners and back-up lights. Don't run them on the road and you're fine.

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Put the clears in the amber housing in the rear lights, If you can put ambers up front. The Clear light flashing in the front will be blinding if its snowing like a pita at night. Otherwise clears are fine up front if its not snowing like crazy at night. Also for us Fire fighters we are not allowed clear flashing to the rear at any time. Now I know some of you may not be ffs, but the cops do enforce that for just the normal everyday citizens also.