1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Placement and color

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by CSLC, Nov 21, 2012.

1. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

OK, So let me pick your brains a little. I need another set of strobes for plowing. I have projectors with HID's for headlights on truck. I want to put Clear LED Strobes in Highbeams and Clear LED's in reverse lights of truck. That is option 1. Option 2 is to put amber up front in highbeams with clear in the back. To much wash of amber color in front and just stick to clear? I already have amber in my daytime running lights and a windshield amber clear led talon. Here is a pic of what my headlights look like.

2. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

Really no comments? I am looking to get another set of strobes n more led lights since I already have 2 sets. Easy install and they are only used for plowing no emergency vol stuff
  3. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

I say, get rid of them all and put one amber halogen rotator on the roof...OK, maybe a LED mini on the roof. loI got nothing because all I have is a mini on the roof. :salute:
  4. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

I would go with the minibar also, whelen Responder II would be my choice but if I were installing anything in the headlights I would put them in the lower housings as they will be much brighter.
  5. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

Well mini bar is out cause I dont like barlights, Also already have strobes in day time running lights and barely see them because of the way plow is I have a BOSS VXT
  6. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

Thus the lightbar on top! Even a 10ft Dxt wont block it there! I know they arent exactly sexy but they offer unobstructed 360degree lighting! But thats not what this thread is. I was just pokin fun!
  7. JMS

JMS Member

check your local laws, they may prohibit the use of strobes in the lights front or back, and some areas require snow contractors to have 360 degree of lighting.
  8. fordtruck661

fordtruck661 Senior Member
    from CT

Tell you the truth I think you have more than enough lights to the front put some going off to the side. But if you must have more up front then go for some grill lights. And for the hideaways in the back go with amber they are more noticeable.
  9. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

I would go with grill lights if you had to go front.

Just my 2 cents on the mini bar up top, if you have a Back Rack, you can get a mount and permanently mount the magnet mount to their light bar attachment ($30), but still use a cigar plug on it so you can just unbolt the light bar attachment from the Back Rack after the winter. that way you get a clean look and no holes in your roof.