1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

place your winter weather guess here

Discussion in 'Weather' started by carl b, Sep 24, 2008.

1. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

make your winter forecast here now . i'll put mine up Friday . please tell us what area you are guessing for . good luck

carl

2. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Oh boy....i will have one ready soon!:waving:

3. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

Judging how things have gone the last few years I am going to put cleveland at around 80" this season.

Might be more, might be less, but we won't know the totals for about 6 months from now I guess.

4. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Lots of snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

South central Mich, 95 to 100"

6. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

115" - 125"

7. Sealer

Sealer Member
    from Ne, Pa.

Let's see.....In my fantasy world I'd like quick 3'' storms starting on or about the 20th of october every other day, and ending on march 15th. And since I bought a salt spreader last march, I'd like the off days to have some sort of sleet and freezing rain mix!

Of course, all storms should start at 8am and end with me finishing up in time for dinner! :D

In reality......I just hope for some 3 to 4 inch snowfalls on a pretty regular basis. Maybe throw in a big one once or twice just to keep me honest and to reaffirm to the customers why they need me to plow instead of them going to lowes and buying that snowblower they see everytime they walk into the store!

8. dunlaps lawncare

dunlaps lawncare Senior Member

lots of snow

9. Snow Day

Snow Day Senior Member

let me just say it here..dont be surpised if the states start seeing some light snow in october, most likely northern states

10. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

dont they normally every year ?

11. Snow Day

Snow Day Senior Member

Yes, but it could be a bit further south.

12. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

here it is i gave it some thought today . DEC. 3 plows Jan 2 plows Feb the big plow 14" or more in 24 hours . so for my town 40-50 total this year . :D well i hope i'm worng and its more . good luck, keep up the guessing

13. Kingwinter

Kingwinter Senior Member

This winter is going to be a armageddon of snow... every other day :)

14. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

how much northern? is chicago northern enough?

15. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

ill get a 100" give or take probably on the highside but it wont fall till late december and after the first of the year. and will have snow in april

16. JayMac

JayMac Member

Well it will probably snow very well here in Indy with about 55-60 inches. But then again if a depression starts who will be there to pay us?

I am really joking about that last comment, I don't think its as bad as the media wants us to believe.

17. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

It allready did start. I just heard the other day that some guy lost his blackberry service. Tragic, poor thing. My Church is going to take up a collection for him after the Witch burning ceremony pumpkin:

23"-105" is my guess for NE IL

18. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

I think we can get 40 inches over here.

19. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Missouri Department of Transportation predicts our first snow fall October 15th. It was 48 degrees this morning so the weather is definitely turning.

20. red07gsxr

red07gsxr Senior Member
    from meriden

im hoping for some good snow. 40'' would be nice.