1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Place to paint my plow.?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mikelawtown, Oct 5, 2007.

1. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

I'm looking for someplace in the Mass area that sands and paints plows?
  2. BoulderBronco

BoulderBronco Senior Member

Just search for a powdercoating company. Most will have the ability to blast your plow to get the old, rusty, flacky crap off. Your probably looking at around $300-$400 for a good paint job.
  3. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Or buy a grinder and a wire wheel, take about an hour and clean it yourself and grab a can of rustoleum and a brush and roller and do it yourself

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

How detailed are you looking to have it done? Complete breakdown and cleanup+paint of everything? Or just blade front? What brand of plow is it?
  5. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Hey Mikey.... just a guess, but he posted in the Fisher area! ;) That would be my thought, but you know what assuming does!!!

PS: How's the sandblasting/painting/reassembly going??
  6. Spinman710

Spinman710 Member

I got a quote from BC Industries in Oxford, MA for $450, blast, prime and top coat.
    I also called Travis at Abrasive Blasting and Coatings in Worcester...I think he said 300 ish...I've had Travis blast my frame on my Bronco...uses Black Beauty, good stuff, did a really good job too...
  7. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

Black Beauty is some serious blast abrasive! It does NOT remove Fisher powdercoating effectively!! I went through 600 pounds of the stuff before I gave up.:eek:
  8. Spinman710

Spinman710 Member

My frame wasn't powdercoated, so it came off really well...600 pounds, DAMN!!!!
  9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

LOL, real good point!!! didn't even think of that!

My rebuild is going great, the sand blaster didn't really work so we are using some other methods that are working well. All the headgear pieces are primed as well as the lower trip blade assembly. Blade is almost ready for primer as well. Should be done by next weekend :)