1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Place to by a mechanical injection pump

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by chevyman51, Dec 7, 2010.

1. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

I am looking at buying a 1993 6.5 2500 the truck needs an injection pump the owner is not in any big hurry to fix the truck so i was wondering if anybody new a place that sells them and what the price on that would be.
    Thanks

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Get the part # And goggle it......There is about a hundred thousand dealers that carry them; OEM or aftermarket.

By the way....it's "Place to BUY a mechanical pump?".

3. 06dmax

06dmax Member

4. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

Yeah I saw that but it would not let me go back and edit it

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  5. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

6. 06dmax

06dmax Member

No Problem

7. 06dmax

06dmax Member

No Problem

8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Is it for sure the pump? May just be the PMD. Have you changed an IP in a 6.5 before? More to it than many think. Pump timing is a big factor. Not like swapping out and start it up.

9. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

I didn't think the 93 had a pdm in it I may be wrong thats just what I have read and I know it will be hard but one of my friends is the head mechanic at the county garage and they have had the 6.5s since they came out with them.

10. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

you're right, 93 doesn't have a pmd. that's why the OP said mechanical injection pump.
    What's it doing? everyone always blames the injector pump on 6.5s, regardless of what the symptoms are. Not saying it might not be the pump, but there's a lot of other more likely culprits, like the PMD is in the newer ones. You might have a bad lift pump or a fuel line obstruction or something.

11. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

if you are going to correct someones spelling you probably ought to check your own. It's "Google". ;>

12. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

I am not sure why they took the pump off but they have lost parts to the pump so either way it needs a pump and the ownwer is going to pay for the part I am just trying to speed the process along

13. woodchuck2

woodchuck2 Senior Member

check dieselplace.com too. Go into the 6.2/6.5 section and check the vendors list.

14. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Oh ya.................93.......................oops

15. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

LMAO. Bite Me! :D