1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pivot tube tolerance-how much is too much?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by mx495, Jan 2, 2009.

1. mx495

mx495 Member
    from MO

I am putting some greasable pivot pins in. I have the old ones out and can't decide if I should put new "tubes" in the sector side. The pins fit tight in the moldboard, but have a little play in the sector side. the outside ends have a little more play than the inside of the tube. How much play is too much? Do new ones fit really tight? Looks like a tough job to get the old tubes out. Thanks for any help.

2. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

I had tried to change my pins but it took a act of congress to get them out and still didn't get them out. I was told to beat them out and maybe cut them out. So I had a guy put the new greaseable one in last year and this year I tried to grease them and one of them wouldn't work. I couldn't get them out either. So I took them to a friend and he showed me how to do it.
    Take the plow off the truck, disconect the springs and then turn the plow over onto the moldboard and they will come out very easy. Now yours maybe rusted shut, I don't know but they move a lot better with all that weight off of them. Good luck.

3. mx495

mx495 Member
    from MO

Mine are out, tubes are my concern.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

A little play in the sector sides tube is normal...and good. If they're too tight it creates problems. Namely the pins seizing in the tubes.

5. mx495

mx495 Member
    from MO

Cool, I'm putting it back together then.