1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pivot pro removal

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by wildwilly, Nov 15, 2009.

1. wildwilly

wildwilly Member

hello there boys...n girls alike!

I am in the process of ordering a snowex 1075 pivot pro and was wondering if this unit may be removed when not in use?...is this unit on a pin set up where you may pull the pins from the hinge like a gate on a trailer????
    thanks for all the info that helped in my purchase

bill

2. jimspro

jimspro Senior Member

Bill, i have been using those for years, have got a couple, and yes they are easy to remove, the only thing that stays on the truck are the top brackets on the bed rails and the mounts on the bumper, on and off in like 10 minutes, you will love it, if this is your first salter, never leave salt in it when not in use, try to put in only what you need and empty it when you are done plowing, the salt can turn into a big rock with the moisture from the roads, also another hint, always make sure the rubber straps that hold the cover on are secured when putting the lid on, a new lid is like $500 or more

3. jimspro

jimspro Senior Member

it is a little more than pulling pins like a trailer, you have to remove 1 or 2 nuts and bolts, but i leave mine on during the season, it swings away real easy, so having it on is not an inconvienance, to swing it away there is 2 clips, and 2 handles that slide out and the elect plug, thats it

4. wildwilly

wildwilly Member

thanks jimspro for your help.. for it is with all the info i have gathered from guys like you and others on the site that help narrow my selection.and get tips on how to maintain properly....i will have to post a pic of my rig once i have everything i need on it..for now!!!!