1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pivot pro 1075 or bulk pro 1875

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by hemipower5.7, Nov 5, 2009.

1. hemipower5.7

hemipower5.7 Member

Now I know the difference between the two but im not sure what to get, I know the 1075 has more capacity but im trying to decide if ill need to spread sand as well where i would need the 1875 i guess what im asking is if you guys find you need to spread sand as well. I am getting this spreader for one winter untill i get more jobs i dont have the money or the customers to get the V Maxx

2. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

That's a question only you can answer. If you think there is a chance you'll need to spread sand, get the sand pro 1875. If you'll only need salt, go with something else. Depends on what YOUR clients want.

3. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

I have an 1875 and dont think that it spreads sand worth a shyt... Id go with the 1075 as it holds a little more and if you do need to spread sand make sure that its good and dry or you'll need someone to ride in the back with a shovel handle poking at it the whole time...

4. standenc

standenc Junior Member

I have 1875 and i believe its a great unit you always got to make yourself marketable if a customer decides they want sand and salt you should be able to deliver. I looked for a while on my spreader couldn't justify a v box so i went the 1875 route. Good luck have a great winter Plow On.

5. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

go with an 1075. I've got both and as said the 1875 won't really let the sand go through it even with the vibrator on. Wish I would've never bought one.

6. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Something else to remember about the 1875

I run several of the 1875s and a 1075. They are both good spreaders. However, we do not spread sand, but I do like the material flow control that I get with the 1875 units. Being that the 1875s have the auger feed system, we can apply more or less product based on the weather condition without changing spinner speed or driving speed. Simply by adjusting the auger speed.

That's what I like about the 1875s. It gives me the opportunity to better manage the volume of product going to the spinner.