1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pivot pins on ST-90 plow

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by KSlandscaper, Feb 11, 2006.

1. KSlandscaper

KSlandscaper Member
    from Kansas

Since the snow season is non-existant in Kansas anymore, I decided to begin to prep my plow for refurbishing today. I got it all apart with not much effort. I already had have 2 new pivot pins on hand for once I finally have painted, BUT they aren't the hollow grease zerk ones.

Upon dissassembly I noticed the orginal pins have the grease zerk, so my question is should I just reuse the orginals? Or should I just install grease zerks onto the plow itself and use the new solid pins?
  2. tim99

tim99 Junior Member
    from mn

on my st90 i welded 1/4 fine thread nuts on tubes and on the sector frame tubes also and put 90 degree grease zerts on them with solid pins very easy to grease them ran zerts facing upward. alot cheaper then the grease zert pins and alot stronger.
  3. KSlandscaper

KSlandscaper Member
    from Kansas

Thats what I figured. Wouldn't hollow pins with zerks be weaker when compared to solid pins?