1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Piston Problems.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by SuperdutyShane, Apr 23, 2009.

1. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

So, I'm having some trouble with my up/down piston.
    As I drop the blade to take it off, the piston only goes down as far as it needs to let the weight of the blade off. Then, when I go to hook up, I have to push my headgear back cause it falls forward a little bit when I release the pins.
    Any ideas on what I could do here? :confused:
    I'm pretty confused and to tell you the truth, I don't want to have to use a jack every time I go to put the blade on.... :realmad:

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Drop the blade, leave the controller in float mode, go to the front of the truck and and push the lift arm rest of the way down before disconnecting the electrical or trying to release the lock pins.

3. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Thats what I do with mine leave it in float push ram down or in all the way...

4. SuperdutyShane

Yup, I feel like an idiot...
    I guess there a first time for everything.... Hopefully it doesn't take much to push down cause I'm 125 pounds on a good day lol

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

I have better luck taking my foot about in the middle of the chain and pushing on the chain versues trying to lean on the lift arm.

6. SuperdutyShane

Thanks for that idea Crash.
    I'll try both ways.
    If not Ill just go inside and get the Skidsteer and drop the bucket on the triangle til it goes down lol.

7. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Hey Shane since you got some time on your hands and you are fixing up that plow. Why dont you install the MM2 return spring. Only costs about $15 for spring and cable. But on the MM1 you have to hold down in float then hop out and push it down. For $15 its a nice option.

See in the middle of the chain. So drill a couple holes in the A frame. Install a U Bolt to hook spring up to. Then on triangle. maybe get a small pulley to hang of it or something.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  8. SuperdutyShane

Wow.
    Thank you very much Dave.
    Im going to call around to a couple places and see if they sell it.

9. BigDave12768

You could probably make it cheaper than fisher sells it. But the running around trying to find a spring big enough might be the issue. But then again. A screen Door spring and some plastic cover cable should do the trick. So a lil time at Lowes you could fab one up. And be out the door for under $20 with all parts to make it work.

http://www.fisherplows.com/pdf/26157.09_080106.pdf

Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  10. SuperdutyShane

Thanks for the ideas... I got all summer :)

11. BigDave12768

Well Shane I picked up a MM! and plan on fabbing up a return spring soon. Maybe tomorrow. I will post what I find and do.

12. SuperdutyShane

Thank you.