1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

piston gasket (bottom) on an E47?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by fga, Jun 25, 2004.

1. fga

fga Member

i have to change the gasket on the bottom of the piston, on me e47 myers. that shouldn't be a big job right? After the plow started dropping slowly, i replace the A valve. still does it though. JThomas has the whole gasket set for cheap. could a novice do this? any advice?
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

FGA, you could probably handle job, best to buy the rebuild and service book when you pick up the gasket/o-ring set to help you along. Be careful with removing the bolts that hold the cap to the base (steel to alum = corrosion ), and replace all the gaskets and o-rings that come in the rebuild kit
  3. fga

fga Member

thanks crash. the cap bolts, you mean the 3 on top I'm assuming, right?

i just downloaded the manual from the myers link above. i hope that has it in it.
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2004
  4. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

I did it myself. Relatively easy job. Definiately use the book, and look over everything else while you have it open.