1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pistol grip upfit

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by MackDa600, Dec 24, 2009.

1. MackDa600

MackDa600 Member

Installing the pistol grip on my existing touch pad wiring. Purchased the adapter piece. However, not sure where the orange wire goes and where the resistor piece goes.

Also, since I hooked it up, when the key is in ACC position, the whole controller flashes green until you hit the power button, then it stays on.

But if you start the truck it just goes on and doesn't flash?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The diode is placed on the underhood solenoid from the small terminal to one of the solenoid mounting bolts. Acts as a voltage spike reducer.

The orange wire is for connecting to the truck/plow lamp switch so the plow lamps will turn on and off with the controller instead of having to do it with the rocker switch. Dumb idea in my opinion and you can leave it disconnected if you wish.

3. MackDa600

MackDa600 Member

If it was hooked up properly, how would you turn the lights on without the rocker switch and just through the remote? I don't see a button on the remote for headlights?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

There is no light control button on the controller. You have to turn the controller on for the plow lamps to function.

Which is the reason why I stated a dumb idea on Meyers' part.

5. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Hmmm the pistol grips we sell come with the adapter for the touch pad harness???.....

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Mack probably started with the older round plug harness. For those you first need a round to square adapter to give you the touch pad style connector so you can adapt the pistol grip adapter to that adapter.

Make sense? :D

7. MackDa600

MackDa600 Member

I started with the square plug and had the correct adapter for the pistol grip. The orange wire comes out of the adapter and the resistor piece are the only things that I didn't understand because the previous touchpad did NOT require these.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you started with the square plug you shouldn't have had to purchase anything separately. The new pistol grip should have included the square to rectangular adapter, which is what Jim was referring to.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  9. MackDa600

MackDa600 Member

I didn't purchase it seperatley it came with the controler

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Then you mislead us in your first post as you stated "purchased the adapter piece". As in you bought it separate from the controller, so that would be why Jim asked.

11. billet-boy

billet-boy Member

I need the part number for the adapter i just purchased a used pistol grip thanks.

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Rectangular (pistol grip) to square (newest touch pad) adapter is p/n 22717. Should be less than $15.

13. MackDa600

MackDa600 Member

where did you buy the controller from? Angelos sends adapter with controller....

14. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Stated that he bought it used. New units do include the adapter.

15. MackDa600

MackDa600 Member

read it fast, did not see the used part. sorry

16. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Happens to all of us at some point. :waving:

17. billet-boy

billet-boy Member

My local dealer sucks i called them at 10 a.m. today and never got a replay back post it here for 10 min. and have it thanks. Any dealers you would recommend calling?

18. MackDa600

MackDa600 Member

call angelo's: 1-800-264-3562 or 248-478-1729