1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pipe on a v plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by grf_1000, Nov 18, 2009.

1. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

anyone use a pipe on a v plow with the new style cuting edge with curb guard? any pics?
  2. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

HUH? A pipe where?
  3. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

are you serious? a pipe over the cutting edge. makes plowing unpaved areas much nicer untill it freezes and gets a hard base. i've used them for years on straight and v's. the new boss cutting edge with the curb guard's and they way they are now, you dont need the center snow catcher. just wondering if anyone has fabed a pipe for there's yet.
  4. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

I just learned something new.............
  5. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

it really helps. cuts the damage to gravel drives and lawns to almost none. also the plow dont catch and trip.
  6. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

A smoking pipe?
  7. All I do is gravel driveways, some with rocks the size of softballs in them.. I'm just cutting the pipes for my MVP+ But it has straight edges. I think you'd just have to cut it just before the bend.

The 4pc MVP+ blade is a pain because you have 4 thicknesses to deal with because if the overlap.
  8. mtchockey30

mtchockey30 Member
    from MO

I would like to see some pic's of this sounds interesting yet, a great idea.
  9. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

It must be a Michigan thing I've used pipe for yrs best thing for lawns and gravel rds till they freeze up do you bolt yours on or weld
  10. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

I use the outter cutting edge bolts to hold it on. Takes 3 minutes to put on or take off a straight blade.
  11. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Yeah must be a Michigan thing. I don't do it but I know of it.
  12. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

i need to see a pic of this please
  13. Na, Just a gravel driveway thing. All I do is gravel mostly and without a pipe edge the plow would be a bulldozer until the ground freezes. And it's not fun backdragging a 1500ft long driveway.
    I'll take pics of mine as I'm making a pair and post them. hope to get at it tomorrow.
  14. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

Learn something new everyday... Thanks guys
  15. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I agree, pictures please :nod:
  16. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

X4 on the picture!!
  17. Deco

Deco Senior Member

pipe on a v blade ? i'm in . where are the pixys?
  18. KJ Cramer

KJ Cramer Senior Member

I just learned something new. Sounds like a good idea. Pictures please.
  19. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

We are never getting pictures of this it seems
  20. standenc

standenc Junior Member

Here are some pic of the pipe there is a gap in the middle getting some belting to fill it in but when its in scoop mode the pipes come together close the gap. See what you think

plow 003.jpg

plow 004.jpg