1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pinstriping

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Banksy, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I am a huge fan of pinstriping and scroll designs. Us New England guys see it all the time on trucks. I bought some supplies and tried it out. I was just happy to finally get this done where I was happy with it. This art is not easy to master and takes tons of practice. I copied this design from my dads truck and will build on it later.

[​IMG]

2. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Looks good!!

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Thanks. How's that Chevy doing?

4. born2farm

Running good. Drove it quite a bit this spring when we were planting. Getting ready to move the one Boss plow over to it and then decide weather its getting a flat bed and a liquid unit or v box.

5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Sweet. Glad to hear it's serving you well, not that I had any doubt it would.

6. born2farm

Nope no issues. Put new tires on it and need to tighten the steering up nothing major.

7. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

More progress with tailgate design and body line stripes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  8. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

The Super Duty is lookin' good Banksy! Nice job blocking out your plate number, btw. :)

9. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Thanks! Photobucket has options to add silly stuff like that.

10. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

Looks great I envy you I don't have enough patients to do that

11. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

IMO the tailgate is a bit much, but thats just me. I wouldn't have the patience to do the side of the truck so straight lol. Hell, I couldn't do the tailgate design if I tried.

12. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

Pretty Sweet

13. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I finished the body line stripes and have continued on to some designs. Here's one I did on each side of the cab. The colors are black (primary), blue/green (secondary) and "apple green" I mixed for a third. One Shot brand paint.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  14. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Looks great! I don't have a steady enough hand for that. I have a buddy that stripes. He's like watching Von Dutch himself. I love it.

15. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Von Dutch is the man. A true legend in this art.

16. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Got rid of the last design and replaced it with this. Much happier with it. A redo on the tailgate is next. I can do much better now.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  17. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Ok, scrap nearly everything I had posted. It's been a while and I painted on some new designs since then that are staying. I also numbered my truck today. #4 for my 4th F250 and 4 of us in my immediate family. This section slows down this time of year, so thought I'd give it a bump.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  18. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Will add some color later. Not dry yet.

[​IMG]

19. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Looks good! What type of paint did you use

20. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

One Shot sign paint. It doesn't require clearcoating and is easy to work with.