1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pinnacle Mini wiring

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by plowin-fire, Mar 1, 2011.

1. plowin-fire

plowin-fire Senior Member

Just got mine today and bench testing it before I put it on. How are you guys with the permenant mounts hooking switches up? I am going to run a on/off toggle to power the bar, and then a momentary push button to the white wire to change flash patterns. Tried this on the bench and only able to change pattern once upon every power up. If I apply the 12v momentary button the white wire again nothing happens until I switch the unit off and then on. Then it will change flash pattern one more time. Is this the way its suppose to operate or am I doing something wrong?

Other than that its super bright!

2. plowin-fire

Am I the only one to get a perm. mount instead of mag mount?

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I have the sound off universal haws and the LED3s and to change the patterns you have to ground the white wire momentarily.

4. plowin-fire

Manual says to apply 12v to white wire for 2 seconds to change flash pattern. Going to call today and see whats the fix.

5. plowin-fire

Called SoundOff and the tech told me thats the way its suppose to operate. Now I gotta find a 3 way switch with momentary on 1 side.

6. Mr. Jon

Mr. Jon Senior Member
    from Jersey

I have the mini pinnacle perm mount. I just picked the pattern I liked on the bench, then installed it with a toggle switch so I can no longer change patterns. I had your same question and when I called this was their suggestion. Not being able to change patterns doesn't bother me.

7. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  8. Mr. Jon

Mr. Jon Senior Member
    from Jersey

I just have an on/off switch. The white wire is not connected to anything. When I turn the light on it's always the same pattern and I can't change it.